What are Summer Previews?
Imagine your child confidently entering his or her Biology, Calculus, Physics, or Chemistry class on the first day of school -- assured that they will do well because they will have been introduced to the material already!
Summer Previews are a convenient, low-stress way to get a head start on challenging classes that your child will be facing next school year.
Each Summer Preview consists of a set of fully customizable, private, one-on-one tutoring sessions over the summer that provide an introductory look at the material covered in a class to be taken in the fall. Summer Previews are not a replacement for a class, but can provide a helpful overview or offer background information to make the class easier.
Please note that this summer, we will be giving special priority for Biology, Biology Honors, and AP Biology previews, which will be provided by our specialist Biology tutor at competitive rates.
Summer Previews are:
- Tailored to your child’s specific needs
- Scheduled individually between you and the tutor, so you will only pay for sessions that accommodate your child’s work and vacation schedule over the summer
- Homework-free (unless parent requests otherwise)
You might consider a Summer Preview if your child:
- is going to be a freshman in high school and would like to know what their first high school science class (Biology or Bio Honors) might be like
- will be taking Calculus-based Physics next year, but has not formally taken Calculus yet
- will be going into AP Biology, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, Chemistry, or Physics, and has heard that it is a challenging class
- will be attending college next year and would like to see what is involved in first-year science or math college courses
Summer Previews can start any time after Memorial Day and are subject to availability, so reserve your sessions today!